Tuesday 8 September 2015

First Post - Introduction to Media

Hey, so i'm one of the new A level media students and this is the sort of introduction post about what i'd like to do in media and why i picked it as an A level.

So, firstly...
I picked A level media cause well i did it as a GCSE last year. I really enjoyed the subject and got a good grade at the end, I really like the freedom media gives you, in terms of how you interpret certain things and what you'd like to do for each given task. Its a creative subject that gives you something to think about in this media dominated society.

I do believe that media is an important subject due to the fact that we live in a very media forward society, and many of the opnions we have are mainly due to the media (what we see on social media, what we read in news papers etc.)

I'm looking forward to deepen my understanding about the media, especially developing my analytical skills aswel as deepening any marketing understandings and doing the creative tasks.

Im particularly interested in the psychology behind the media and appricate when the media convays an important message.

Media is also a really good taster for the jobs i'm considering on doing. I know media will help me a lot with marketing and journalism.

My other A level subjects are Economics, Psychology and English Literature.


No comments:

Post a Comment